We are looking for a dedicated and experienced Housekeeper to join our private household. As a Housekeeper, you will play a vital role in ensuring the cleanliness, organisation, and upkeep of the family home.
Role: Full Time Housekeeper
Days / Hours: 5 days per week, to include Saturday and Sunday. Hours are a variation of: weekdays 8am to 6pm and 10am to 8pm; and weekend days 10am to 6pm (weekend work will not be required when the family are not in residence)
Salary: Up to £45k per annum (dependent on experience)
Location: Cobham, Surrey (The successful candidate will live within a 45 minute commute)
If you have a keen eye for detail, take pride in maintaining an exceptionally high standard of cleanliness, and possess excellent organisational skills, we would love to hear from you. You must have a friendly and positive outlook, and be proactive and able to work independently. The household is fully staffed so you must be a team player, flexible and have a hands-on approach.
- Perform comprehensive housekeeping duties, including cleaning and maintaining the family home (indoors and outdoors) to the highest standard of cleanliness and presentation.
- Maintain cleanliness and functionality of household appliances and equipment, reporting any damages to the House Manager.
- Assist House Manager with overseeing repairs and maintenance of the premises.
- Manage laundry tasks including washing, drying, and ironing personal clothing and linens.
- Sort and send clothing and linens to the dry cleaners, maintaining inventory and tracking items.
- Organise, fold, and place clothing and linens in closets, mend or alter as needed, and ensure laundry area cleanliness while maintaining high standards of clothing care.
- Ensure residents’ wardrobes, drawers, and dressing rooms are clean and organised.
- Ensure the health and wellbeing of pets, including daily care such as walking and feeding.
- Coordinate veterinary visits, track vaccinations and health checks, and provide support for medical needs.
- Support the House Manager as required in preparation of any visitors.
- Support the Chef when required assisting in food preparation.
Must have Experience and Skills:
- Previous experience in housekeeping, preferably in a private household setting.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise tasks and manage time effectively.
- Respect for privacy and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong attention to detail and a thorough understanding of effective cleaning techniques.
- Professional demeanour with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Full clean drivers’ licence.